Please download our internal application from here
ELT Teacher in a bilingual school
International House in Poland is looking for an ELT teacher for the period of 25.08.2019 – 19.06.2020 to work in its Bilingual Primary School "Primary Steps”. This is a great opportunity for those who are interested in working with young learners and wish to develop professionally in the EFL world in a well-established and supportive school, whilst immersing themselves in authentic Polish culture amidst the backdrop of a beautiful mountainous region.
Details of Position
International House Bielsko was established in 1993 and has a very solid reputation in the local community. Since 2013 the school has been running a Bilingual Primary School “Primary Steps” with 70 children 7-12 year olds.
The school provides intensive English classes for all children. It also runs a very successful STEM program which teaches integrated Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics though the medium of English. In addition, the school’s Forest School program provides opportunities for children to further develop English skills through outdoor activities in a local woodland setting.
The working week is from Monday to Friday. The regular amount of teaching is 21 contracted hours per week including 15 hours of teaching STEM to primary school students and 6 hours of teaching intensive English to both primary school students and International House Language School students. Working hours are mostly from 8:00 to 15:00, only 2,5 hours of Intensive English are timetabled in the afternoons. An induction will be held before commencing teaching to orient teachers to the school.
The school has its own dedicated STEM program and resources. We offer daily support in all areas of teaching by one of the authors of the program.
The school will pay 100% of the cost of emergency consultations with general doctors and specialists, emergency hospital treatment, and treatment for illnesses and injuries which occur in Poland. The school also pays 50% of the cost of prescriptions and emergency dental treatment (please note this doesn’t apply to self-employed teachers).
The school assists in finding accommodation and teachers are responsible for the monthly rental bills and all utilities. It is usual for tenants to pay 1 month's rent as a deposit upon signing the rental agreement.
We are located in the state of Silesia in the southern part of Poland. This is a great place to live because it has a lot to offer the modern day intrepid explorer, traveller or local resident
* Enjoy rich natural beauty? - Miles and miles of wilderness pathways to enjoy on your own or with friends as we are situated at the foot of the Beskid Slaski and the Beskid Maly mountains
* Love hiking? - Endless mountain walking trails and enchanting mountain refugees for overnight stays
* Ever skied or snowboarded? - Try our lower slopes or take a cable car to a higher point, only a 10 minute bus ride from the city centre
* Experienced winter sports person? - Let loose on one of Poland’s most renowned ski resorts, Szczyrk, only a 30 minute bus ride from the city centre
* Looking for more? - We have something for everyone - modern and large fitness centres and gyms, tennis, horse riding, pubs and night clubs, cinemas, clean and modern swimming pools, bowling, go-karting, mountain biking trails, ice-skiing, rollerblading, indoor wall climbing and jump parks, supermarkets (Tesco), international cuisine, dancing centres, pottery workshops etc.
* Fancy visiting Slovakia or the Czech Republic? - Jump on a bus or train and you won’t be disappointed, only a 30-60 minute bus or train ride from the city centre. How about Prague, Vienna or Bratislava - only 3-4 hrs by train or bus
*Interested in historical architecture? - Wander around the city and admire our Art Nouveau, castle and old city area, we are known as “Little Vienna”
* World War History Buff? - Visit the infamous Auschwitz-Birkenau Nazi concentration camp for the day, only 30 km from us
* Like eating and shopping? - Visit our 4 large shopping centres or roam amongst our quaint boutiques and hidden cellar bars and cafes throughout the city’s squares and cobblestoned alleyways
* How about some large urban exploration? - Regular and daily buses, coaches & trains to Katowice (45 minutes), Krakow (90 minutes), Wroclaw (3 hours), Warsaw (4 hours), Gdansk (7 hours but well worth the journey time) and inhale the secret health benefits of the iodine saturated air or find some treasure (amber) on the Baltic seaside only 8 hours away
* Wish to fly home for a break? - The 2 closest airports Katowice-Pyrzowice (Domestic & European cities) and Krakow (Domestic, European & America), are only 80kms away
IH Bielsko-Biala is committed to looking after the welfare of its staff and students, and expects all employees to share this commitment. By applying for this job you confirm that you are of suitable character, safe to work with children and young people, and have no relevant criminal convictions.
Due to visa and work permit requirements, we are only able to consider EU & USA passport holders.
- CELTA, TEFL , PGCE, BED or an equivalent qualification
- experience in teaching English as a second language to young learners in an approved environment is preferable.
- a degree
- a clear and accurate model of English (full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band
* Competitive salary + MONTHLY BONUSES
* 20 working days of paid holiday for a full academic year (shorter contracts are calculated pro rata) including a Christmas break, a winter break in Jan/Feb, an Easter break and a long weekend in May - dependent on the contract.
* Ski pass valued at 400 PLN for a full academic year - dependent on the contract
* Flight or travel assistance to help with re-location 300 (PLN) for EU citizens or 600 (PLN) for Americans
* FREE … the opportunity to participate in the world recognised course IH CYLT (International House Certificate in Teaching Young Learners & Teenagers) upon completion of your first year’s contract and signing the next school year contract.
* FREE … 10 survival Polish lessons (for teachers on full academic year contracts) .
How to apply:
Please send your CV to: email@example.com